What to do before an orthodontic checkup?
Dr. Ronald Lints and the team at Dr. Lints Orthodontics are sensitive to a patient’s apprehension before an orthodontic check-up in East Jordan MI. They know that a consistently conscientious program of check-ups throughout the course of treatment is key to a successful treatment outcome. Dr. Ronald Lints and the team at Dr. Lints Orthodontics create an atmosphere where the patient looks forward to their appointments.
Orthodontist East Jordan MI
Before You Go
• If you are a new orthodontic patient, bringing a complete set of dental records from your dentist will help Dr. Ronald Lints diagnosis the issue and plan a course of treatment.
• Brushing and flossing your teeth before your check-up is a no-brainer. A clean mouth, clear of food debris and odors, is putting your best foot forward, so to speak, when visiting the team at Dr. Lints Orthodontics.
• If you’re already a patient of Dr. Ronald Lints, and you have been fitted for your braces, remember to keep them clean especially before an appointment. Floss picks or a Waterpik are effective at keeping the spaces between your braces and your teeth clean and clear.
• When brushing, pay attention to the areas above and below the brackets, angling the bristles up and down into the corners where they’re adhered.
• Use a fluoride mouthwash to rinse after brushing, and swish it around to clear food debris from in between.
• For your first appointment or initial consultation, arrive about ten or fifteen minutes early. Sign in, get acquainted with the staff, and update any information necessary (insurance, contact info, etc.). Tell the doctor of any discomfort, sensitivity, or issues with your overall health during your visit.
• For repeat visits, tell the doctor of any change or unusual occurrence with your braces. Dr. Ronald Lints will be able to observe the treatment progress and make any needed adjustments to keep the treatment on goal and on schedule.
Your orthodontist is your health care professional, just like your dentist or physician. They are here to help keep you healthy. Keeping your orthodontic appliances clean and clear of food debris and bad breath odors helps your orthodontist help you achieve the best possible treatment outcome.
Dr. Ronald Lints and the orthodontic professionals at Dr. Lints Orthodontics in the East Jordan MI area know that treatment outcomes depend a lot on the treatment conditions. A clean mouth clear of food debris is important for the health and longevity of your newly realigned teeth.